With the holidays approaching and Christmas drawing near, I’d like to share my wish list with you…
· Innovative foodservice packaging that we can highlight during next year’s foodservice packaging awards competition.
· No more bans on any foodservice package, regardless of material or product.
· An understanding – and engagement – by consumers about their roles and responsibilities in increasing recycling/composting and decreasing litter of foodservice packaging.
· New members for FPI, increasing our revenues and allowing us to work on additional value-adding programs.
· A successful eighth joint meeting in London with our “sister” association, Pack2Go Europe.
· Increased acceptance of foodservice packaging in municipal recycling and composting programs.
· Open minds from legislative and regulatory officials, as well as a willingness to learn the truths about foodservice packaging.
· Increased likes/followers for FPI’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Growing collaboration opportunities with FPI’s rising number of allies – getting to be too many to name!
· Less crazy myths being spread on the Internet about foodservice packaging (yes, you can recycle it, and no, it won’t give you cancer)
· More opportunities to promote the benefits of foodservice packaging, the industry, FPI and our members.
· Strong growth in the foodservice industry, which leads to strong growth for foodservice packaging.
· And last, but certainly not least, creative ideas for my blog posts.
I’m not asking for too much, right?
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all!
Posted By Lynn M. Dyer (President) | 12/16/2014 2:10:55 PM