We’re excited to announce that we and our partner, QSR magazine, have just kicked off the call for entries for the 2015 Foodservice Packaging Awards competition! This is the eighth time we have worked together to honor excellence in foodservice packaging, and personally I can’t wait to see what gets entered.
Awards will be given in the following five categories:
· Innovation in Brand Delivery: For innovation in the use of graphics or graphic design elements to create packaging appeal.
· Innovation in Convenience: For innovative features that make packaging easier to use and / or more convenient for the consumer and / or foodservice workers.
· Innovation in Performance: For design innovation that improves product performance.
· Innovation in Sustainability: For sustainable innovation in packaging through environmental, economic and / or social impact.
· The “Wow” Factor: For innovative packaging that best personifies the “Wow” effect when consumers or foodservice operators use or see this packaging.
In addition, the top winners from each category will go head-to-head and battle it out to win the coveted “2015 Foodservice Package of the Year” award.
Pretty much anyone – foodservice packaging manufacturers, their suppliers, foodservice operators, distributors, public relations firms and others – are eligible to enter the free competition by nominating themselves or others.
Who gets to decide which package is worthy of an award? No rookies, that’s for sure. We’ll be putting together a distinguished panel of industry experts in design, merchandising, manufacturing and product stewardship to make the call. I get to sit in and listen to the deliberations, and it’s always fascinating to hear how each judge comes into the deliberations with a very different lens and perspective.
Think you have a package worthy of an award this year? Please go to www.qsrmagazine.com/packaging-awardsfor more details as well as to submit your entries. But don’t wait too long! The deadline is July 31, 2015.
Questions? Feel free to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org).