The PRA and the PRG bring together organizations to work collaboratively on a broad industry approach to create solutions for the recovery of used foodservice packaging in the U.S. and Canada. The PRA focuses on used paper foodservice packaging, while the PRG focuses on used plastic foodservice packaging.
The foodservice packaging industry envisions that one day there will be an established infrastructure that allows for their used materials to be recovered. The result will be an open market where used foodservice packaging flows to markets in accordance with highest value available end uses.
To make this vision a reality, both groups are looking to support the recovery systems for used foodservice packaging through the:
- Development of the collection and processing infrastructure through strategic alignment with supply chain recovery partners;
- Expansion of end use markets for recovered materials;
- Education of and engagement with consumers to increase recovery; and
- Collaboration with government officials.
In some cases, the two groups work independently (for example, with end market development), while in other cases, the groups may work together (e.g., with collection infrastructure development, consumer education and engagement, and partnership building with marketplace stakeholders).
PRA and PRG members include stakeholders from all parts of the value chain, including raw material suppliers, converters, operators/retailers, collection service providers, reclaimers and material recovery facilities, and recovered feedstock end users. In addition, other associations, non-governmental organizations, colleges/universities and governmental officials may be invited to participate in the PRA/PRG as appropriate. For a current list of members of each group, scroll down.
For additional information, please download:
And, please be sure to check out these webinars and resources related to foodservice packaging recovery:
- September 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM EDT: Managing Compostable Foodservice Packaging.
- August 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM EDT: Recovering Foodservice Packaging - A MRF Perspective
- May 17, 2013: Growing Recovery Options: Foodservice Packaging / For a copy of the slides, click here.
Additional questions? Please contact Lynn Dyer at email@example.com.